Saturday, May 12, 2012

[2012.05.05] Andrew Bird at Beacon Theatre, New York, NY

I can't believe I forgot to post about this show.  I woke up with a live version of Sectionate City stuck in my head today, so. This is "Give it Away" from the new album. I got a free digital download of the album and a live EP called Fake Conversations with my tickets - a very nice touch.

I can't find a better video at the moment, maybe I'll upgrade this later. The one I wanted to use in the first place finally started working. I originally posted Sifters, which you can watch here because it is also very nice. These are quite good for what's probably a smartphone, thank the venue for that. See a show there if you ever get a chance, please. There is no bad seat. They took advantage of this quite a bit, performing almost half a dozen songs gathered around a single microphone (including the one below, which is why I switched to this video), a trend that I really hope catches on more (see a very old First Aid Kit post with no microphones at all for more of the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment