Friday, June 18, 2010

First Aid Kit w/ Samantha Crain @ Mercury Lounge

First Aid kit played their last US tour date on wednesday, to a packed room. The performance was a bit more energetic than on album; the live drums certainly adding something. I could have done with less cutesy banter, but I suppose they have an image to uphold. Klara joined Samantha Crain for a song during the support set, which was on the whole competent, lively, and entertaining. Samantha later joined both girls for a song as well, and the sisters also did one of my favorite songs, Ghost Town, unplugged and without microphones (watch it below).

A question from the audience about their future plans was adorably misunderstood and not answered. Hopefully we'll see another album and tour sooner, rather than later. If you haven't yet picked up their first EP, Drunken Trees, I highly suggest that you do. If they're ever playing a show near you, go. It's money well spent.



[I didn't take this video but I did take the photo]

No comments:

Post a Comment