Wednesday, June 30, 2010

[2010] Wavves - King of the Beach | 1st IMP!

FIRST IMPRESSION: I feel neither high nor lows when I listen to Wavves. Not unlike a blowjob when you really want anal sex, they deliver but with slightly less exhilarating results than you had anticipated. As I crack open my obviously low-bit rate zip-file containing King of the Beach, I expect to have my opinion changed (THE NEW WAVVES IS DIFFERENT says folks! and oh, oh it is) but instead, I'm as bemused as the other album only less so. Whereas before I got about half a dozen enjoyable staticky listens before moving on and then never even thinking of the album again (wait, I LIE), this time I'm halfway through the Wavves when I think "MEH, where's the heart?" Super Soaker is like self parody and I could barely control my rage during Convertable Balloon. But since this is a "first impression" (i.e. dumb) I'll hedge and say that Idiot at least is a good tune + I'd feel like a complete ass saying anything negative about Baseball Cards. Their early release track Post Acid falls somewhere between (more towards the UGH side, tho!) Overall, despite it not being as entertaining and dangerously stupid / weird as the last album, Wavvves, I can see it being loved by many (that means YOU! and maybe me, in the future when I get over myself already, right?) Enjoy!

DL Post Acid here from the Mountain Dew Website What Makes With The Indie Music Nows.

No comments:

Post a Comment